Global/International Current Events. World news and foreign policy feeds refreshed daily. Not simply headlines, but ideally covering stories from more in depth sources about the topics of the day.
- Council on Foreign Relations | The World Next Week podcast is highly listenable, insightful, informative. A favorite.
- The Economist | The Week Ahead podcast
- Foreign Policy Blogs | The FPA Global Affairs Blog Network site
- World News | Breaking US News and International News Headlines – GlobalPost is my best global news source.
- The Ground Truth Project | Blog of on-the-ground reporting around the world
A pictorial history of the North African country.[...]
Source: History Today Blog
Source: Africa in Transition – CFR
Source: The World Next Week |
After his record landslide victory on 18 March, Russian President Vladimir Putin likely knows he cannot rest on his laurels. With oil prices unlikely to rise anytime soon, national economic stagnation, a still heavily State-and-oligarch-controlled economy and an ever-growing shadow of confrontation with the West, Putin has his work cut out for the next six years.
The turmoil of the Skripal case and the flurry of tensions with the ‘common West' did not break the [...]
Source: Foreign Policy Blogs